COVID-19 update: Virtual Care Support Network
Fraser Health: Ranjit Sekhon (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Through the Practice Support Program (PSP), doctors have the opportunity to practice more efficiently, focus on providing proactive care, and work towards adopting attributes of the patient medical home in BC.
With doctors’ schedules in mind, PSP’s services are customized to meet each practice’s needs.
PSP offers clinical and practice management learning opportunities and data-informed tools and resources—both supported by a team of practice improvement professionals including physician and MOA peer mentors.
Supporting full-service family practices, PSP's customized and adaptable services are available to doctors and their teams directly in practices. These include:
- Coaching and mentoring
A team of practice improvement professionals, including peer mentors
- Learning opportunities
Learning content with interactive activities and discussions about case scenarios.
- Data tools
Resources include Panel Management, Patient Experience Tool, PMH Assessment, and EMR Optimization.
Participating doctors and team members are also eligible for compensation and certification.
For general inquiries, email PSP.
Areas of Change
PSP's supports help doctors identify, implement, and maintain practice improvements in four measurable areas:
- Practice team support: Establishing structure, clarifying roles, and teaching necessary skills so family doctors and teams can implement practice changes.
- EMR optimization: Supporting improved usage of EMRs to inform practice management decisions, facilitate proactive care, and minimize frustrations.
- Process management: Improving office workflows, processes, and standards.
- Measurement: Using data and metrics to reflect on quality of care and inform improvements where needed.
Collaborating with divisions of family practice
PSP’s provincial staff, regional teams and panel assistants work collaboratively with divisions of family practice to support physicians and teams, and ensure PSP service offerings meet physician and teams’ practice improvement needs.
The relationship between PSP and divisions of family practice ensures that doctors receive seamless support through a collaborative approach. The two organizations partner to:
- Identify gaps in physician support and find solutions to address them.
- Mitigate “engagement fatigue” by reducing overlap between sessions and meetings.
- Identify future practice support opportunities.